Find out how to adopt a Rabbit from Bunny Wonderland
How do I adopt a Rabbit?
At Bunny Wonderland, finding a forever home for our rescued rabbits is an important mission. We work closely with each adopter to ensure they are ready for the commitment.
To initiate your adoption process:
1. View our rabbits for adoption: Click Here.
2. Review our Rabbit Care Guide: Click Here.
3. Fill in our inquiry form: Click Here.
4. We will contact you for a phone interview to review the adoption process.
5. We will invite approved adopters to our bi-monthly adoption drives. If you meet a rabbit you like to adopt, you will fill in an adoption form. Our volunteers will follow up with the decision within 24 hours.
6. Once the adoption is confirmed, we will provide a list of supplies to prepare and will arrange a date to bring your adopted rabbit/s to your home.
For first-time rabbit owners who may require additional help with setting up and bunny-proofing, we may arrange for a house visit prior to the adoption. However, we do not conduct random house checks.
Are there any adoption requirements?
The BW Team spends a tremendous amount of time and effort in caring for our rescued rabbits. We have the following basic requirements:
1. The rabbit is to be adopted as a companion for the family and cared for by an adult member.
2. The rabbit will be primarily cared for by the adopter, supported by other family members, in terms of daily care-giving as well as future medical needs.
3. The rabbit will be housed indoor with daily roaming for at least 3 hours. Living room is ideal and we do not approve outdoor spaces such as patios or porches.
4. The minimum enclosure for 1 rabbit is 1m x 1m (4-piece playpen) and for 2 rabbits is 2m x 1m (6-piece playpen). We do not approve the use of cages.
5. The rabbit will be regularly groomed and kept in a clean & hygienic condition.
6. The rabbit will be under the care of an experienced rabbit caregiver when the adopter is away for more than 24 hours.
7. The rabbit will be brought to a rabbit-savvy vet within 3 months of adoption and the adopter will heed the vet’s advice on the review frequency.
8. The rabbit will be responsibly cared for through all life changes including marriage, new-born, and relocation, loss of income or loss of family members.
9. In the event the adopter is unable to care for the rabbit, he/she will surrender the rabbit back to Bunny Wonderland and will not seek alternate placement without our consent.
10. There is a $50 ‘Pay In Forward’ fee for each successful adoption (single or pair).
Download our Free Bunny Care Guide
Download out FREE Bunny Care Guide