How do I adopt a Rabbit?
Finding a forever home for our rescued rabbits is an important mission. We work closely with each adopter to ensure they are ready for the commitment.
To initiate your adoption process:
1. View our rabbits for adoption: Click Here.
2. Review our Rabbit Care Guide: Click Here.
3. Fill in our inquiry form: Click Here.
4. We will contact you for a phone interview to review the adoption process.
5. We will invite well-prepared adopters to meet the rabbits in their foster homes or at our adoption drives.
6. If you are certain of your choice, you will fill in our adoption form. Our volunteers will contact you within 24 hours.
7. If the adoption is confirmed, we will provide a list of supplies for you to prepare. We will also arrange a date to bring the rabbit to your house.
For first-time rabbit owners who may require additional help with setting up and bunny-proofing, we may arrange for a house visit prior to the adoption. However, we do not conduct random house checks.
Are there any adoption requirements?
There will be a ‘Pay It Forward’ adoption fee of $100 for a single rabbit and $150 for a bonded pair.
In addition, all adopters must fulfill these basic requirements:
1. The rabbit is to be adopted as a companion for the family and cared for by an adult member.
2. The rabbit will be housed indoor with a space of at least 1m x 1m for a single or 2m x 1m for a pair.
3. The rabbit will be allowed to roam and interact with the family at least 3 hours a day.
4. The rabbit will be regularly groomed and kept in a clean & hygienic condition.
5. The rabbit will be brought to our designated vet for a health review within 3 months of adoption.
6 If the rabbit is ill, the adopter will bring it to a rabbit-savvy vet for prompt veterinary treatment.
7. The rabbit will be under the care of an experienced caregiver if owner is away for more than 24 hours.
8. The rabbit will be cared for responsibly through all life changes including marriage, newborn, relocation, etc.
9. If the rabbit is gravely sick and/or passed away, the adopter will inform Bunny Wonderland at the earliest convenience.
10. If the adopter is no longer able to care for the rabbit, the adopter will return the rabbit to Bunny Wonderland immediately.
Download our Free Bunny Care Guide